What’s trending for your bridesmaids? Count on high-octane shine, sumptuous hues and daring cuts
As peonies are to bridal bouquets, blush is to bridesmaid dresses – classic. In 2019, those in the know are picking a shade that’s verging on nude and pairing with rose gold accessories.
1. Hadley ruffled chiffon dress in Chateau Rose, from £285, Wtoo by Watters
3. Amelia fully beaded dress, from £245, Motee Maids
4. Floor-length crepe dress with high neckline (style 29310), £POA, Ronald Joyce
The cold shoulder
Bardot necklines are no longer the preserve of bridal numbers. Your best pals will ooze subtle sex appeal in delicately draped sleeves, while a bare décolletage allows more scope for matching necklaces.
1. Baylie floaty floor-length gown in navy, from £285, Wtoo by Watters
2. Off-the-shoulder gown in Meadow print, £POA, Kelsey Rose
3. Embroidered off-the-shoulder dress (style 21614), from £260, Morilee
4. Full-length off-the-shoulder dress with V-accent in Lemon Drop (style 3038), from £265, Dessy
Sequence of sequins
For the last two years, glittering gowns have made their presence felt on aisles up and down the country, but this year, they’ve evolved, and now come in dazzling sapphire and Barbie pink tones. We’re big fans.
1. Maddie sequin gown with twist neckline and front cut-out detail (style 910251), from £250, Theia
2. Elle strapless sequin dress in black (style 3037), from £295, Dessy
3. Navy sequin V-neck fishtail maxi-dress, £89.99, Quiz
4. All-over sequin gown with side split (style 22916), £POA, Christina Wu Celebration
Red, red wine
Finally, brides are seeing the benefits of luxurious burgundy as a colour option and where the girls have spoken, the designers have delivered. We’ll take ours with a luscious, foliage-packed posy.
1. Chiffon dress with deep V-neckline (style 21622), from £200, Morilee
2. Floor-length chiffon dress with lace appliqué (style 29311), £POA, Ronald Joyce
3. Crepe A-line gown in Burgundy (style 5914), £POA, Hayley Paige Occasions
4. Oslo midi-dress in Burgundy, from £125, Rewritten