Planning a wedding is stressful. Fact. After the initial buzz of the engagement wears off, couples are left to manage expectations, budgets and deadlines. Embrace the perks of being a modern bride: a huge number of tech tools can make the planning easier, smoother and less stressful.
The Scottish Wedding Show love gadgets and gizmos as much as the next bride-to-be, so have put together a list of their team’s top techy tips to help make planning the big day a little bit easier. If you’re permanently attached to your smart phone or tablet, here’s how to turn your downtime essentials into big-day heroes….
1. If you’re a bride-to-be and you’re not on Pinterest, set up an account NOW. It’s brilliant for wedding inspiration, searching and sharing ideas and, more importantly, storing all the images that you love in one place to refer back to. It’s the perfect way to build your wedding look book to show your florist, cake baker, make-up artist or dress maker/boutique.
2. Having your own wedding website to inform your guests about things for your wedding is a great idea. It can save the time needed to answer a lot of phone calls and have conversations about hotels near the reception, directions on how to get the wedding ceremony and where you are registered. It’s also a wonderful digital keepsake after the wedding.
3. Use Twitter for your wedding list to filter through the noise and have a stream of wedding updates from specific accounts. Search for your dress designer, photographer, favourite wedding magazine and wedding guides instantly.
4. Set up a WhatsApp group for your bridesmaids to have conversations about dress fittings, hair trials and general wedding chit-chat.
5. To keep track of the number of days left until the big day, download a countdown app. There are a few free options out there for both iPhone and Android – it’s just a matter of watching the days fly past!
Technology goes so far, but to meet the people who’ll bring the pizzazz to your wedding party, sashay to the The Scottish Wedding Show at the SECC on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th October. From champagne to dresses and diamonds to top hats, not a single detail will be overlooked.
Follow The Scottish Wedding Show on Facebook (facebook.com/thescottishweddingshow) and Twitter (@theweddingshow) for all the latest news and the chance to win some fabulous prizes. And don’t forget the hashtag: #scottishweddingshow.