From flower centrepieces to custom signage, here are nine easy wedding DIYs you can do at home with hardly any equipment
This article contains some affiliate links. We will earn a percentage from any commissions obtained from links included in this article.
There are lots of things you can DIY for your wedding to save a bit of money and add a more personal touch to your day. While you might want to leave things like the cake and wedding party outfits to the pros, why not try your hand at a bit of DIY decor?
Throughout June, Pinterest is promoting DIY wedding table decor, so it’s the perfect time to browse for some inspirations. Check out this Pinterest board we’ve made to get you started.
In case you’re more of a visual learner, we’ve also pulled together some of the best DIYs we’ve come across on TikTok. So grab your hot glue gun and measuring tape and get making…
1. Foliage and candle table runner
If you’re having long tables at your reception make the most of the space and decorate the middle. These artificial plants and white candles will look great in photos!
- Glass jars and vases
- A selection of artificial foliage
- Small floating candles and pillar candles
- A fabric table runner
- Fairy lights
DIY from: @emily_kopp
2. Glass bottle vases and candle holders
For a more quirky vibe, this TikTok user got crafty and repurposed glass bottles she already had! Adding to the assorted look, she displayed a selection of fake flowers in varying sizes, styles and colours.
These vases would look great as centrepieces on small tables and would help differentiate them!
- Different sized glass bottles
- A mix of artificial flowers
- Tealight candles and holders
- A fabric table runner in any colour of your choice
- Taper candles to add into some of the bottles instead of flowers (optional)
These pretty lavender design LED candles from Dunelm would be the perfect addition to this layout.
What are your thoughts on DIY wedding decor #weddingtable #weddingdecor #diywedding #weddingtabledecor #weddingdecoridea #bridgertonwedding #weddingtheme #2023bride #2023bridetobe #2024bride #diybrides
DIY from: @alannapummell
3. Flower Centrepieces
Save money on the flowers on display at your w-day by using artificial flowers! You can have fun picking out and arranging blooms that match your style and colour palette…
- Artificial flowers (We love these white and pink silk flowers from The Range)
- Flower stands (you can find them at Hobbycraft)
- Paint in any colour of your choosing
- A flower ring (this one is from The Range)
- Candles, a wooden stand, fairy lights or anything else to add more dimension. Why not try these electric candles from Shien?
DIY from: @linaa_s95
4. Top table name display
If you’re having a long top table, this surname display is the perfect decor to face your guests!
- Small and large wooden/MDF letters (the ones from the video are from Little Crafts Bugs)
- Wood glue/another strong glue
- A long piece of wood for the letters to sit on (this TikToker shopped at B&Q)
- Paint in any colour of your choice
Wedding DIY Top Table Surname Centrepiece! MDF letters and white acrylic paint from Little Crafty Bugs, glue from @Hobbycraft and wood plank from B&Q. Inspiration taken from @the lazy bride 🌸 #diywedding #diybride #toptable #centrepiece #2024bride
DIY from: @lovelucy2807
5. DIY Table Numbers
Keep things simple, with this DIY you just need to assemble all the pieces, no paint or glue required!
- Acrylic signs and stands (you can find them at Hobbycraft)
- Vinyl text (this TikToker found them on Etsy)
DIY WEDDING SIGN | Perfect for the top table!!! Full step by step video with products and links is on my page! #CapCut #weddingtiktok #2023bride #diybride #diywedding #junewedding #weddings #brideonabudget #lowcostwedding #weddingdecoration #weddinginspiration #canva #CapCut #savemoney #hobbycraft #dreamwedding #cricut #budgetwedding #etsy #weddingideas
DIY from: @thelazybride
6. Tall flower centrepieces
Match your bouquet and wedding colours with some faux flowers. The combination of white flowers and tall glasses really looks classy!
- A selection of flowers (the ones in the video are from SHEIN)
- Tall glass vases (the video uses some from The Range)
- Floral foam (you can get floral foam bricks from The Range)
- Some kind of paper or ribbon to wrap around the top of the glass (optional)
- Candles, mirror and table numbers for decoration (optional)
DIY from: @rhimair_
7. DIY place cards
Make your place cards a feature that ties into your colour scheme. This TikTok user has a clever hack to get the lettering perfect…
- Acrylic shapes
- Paint in any colour that fits your vibe
- A white paint pen or sharpie
- A printer to print off your guests’ names for copying onto the acrylic (optional)
DIY from: @henszidudas
8. Giant floral initials
Use your and your partner’s initials as part of your wedding decor. This DIY is great to fill a bigger space and can tie into the surrounding colours and florals.
To make this DIY pop in the evening, why not add in some string lights among the foliage? Check out these lights from B&Q
- Wooden Fillable Letters (you can get these from Hobbycraft)
- Your choice of artificial foliage and flowers
- A cardboard of wood base to stick the letters to (optional)
- Fairy lights (optional)
DIY from: @kendl3
9. Napkin holders
This festive DIY could easily be used for a wedding, pull together your table decor with these napkin holders.
- Cloth napkins
- Toilet paper or kitchen paper rolls
- Ribbon in any colour
This is such an afforable way to dress up your holiday table settings! Customize this to fit your Thanksgiving or Christmas tablescape. #thanksgivinghack #tablescapetiktok #tablescapeideas #diyhomedecor #thanksgivingdiy #christmasdecordiy #holidaydecordiy
DIY from: @irrakarfabiabaldivia
Where to get DIY supplies
In full DIY-mode, we headed to The Range on London Road in Glasgow to check out what wedding stock they had. Safe to say it’s a must for any crafty brides-to-be to check out!
Planning on DIYing some of your wedding? We took a trip to @The Range to find all of the best DIY bits and pieces for your wedding 👰🏻♀️🔨🎨 #therange #weddingdiy #diy #weddingcentrepieces #weddingplanning
Working with a blank canvas wedding venue? Check out these tips for styling the space
For even more inspiration see how these real couples transformed their wedding venue with decor